Thursday, February 28, 2013

Love Produces Fearless Ministry


As you know, our hearts are set on the presence of the Lord.  More than just testifying about what the Lord has done in people’s lives, I was excited to see how the Lord can draw us to abide in Him and know Him.  His presence is with us more than we realize (help me Jesus to know you more!).  As you read, please think about the beautiful life of abiding (collaborating with the Lord, being sensitive to His heart, depending on Him, and more).  We believe God is waiting to do great things, if we do our part and work with Him, as He actually lives and moves within us.  May God raise our consciousness to be aware of our Lord who dwells within His people.

Another man, Milcas, that I spend time with on the street
Love on the Streets
A drunk man in the market approached me.  I began telling him about Jesus.  He kept asking me for money. I refused and told him, no, because he had been drinking and also had cigarettes in his hand.  I told him to get rid of his cigarettes.  Then he hid them, and lied to me saying that he didn’t have any.  He was very irritated with me and insisted he didn't have any cigarettes.  He also kept putting his fist in my face.  (A quick aside:  God has given me love for people like this.  He has also given me a ministry on the streets).  So, I began to think that maybe I shouldn't pursue talking to him about the Lord since he was getting a little belligerent.  I left him.  But, then the Holy Spirit spoke to me saying that His love makes one fearless.  After the Holy Spirit had spoken to me, I then knew that I hadn't continued speaking to the man because I was afraid of making him too upset (starting a fight wouldn’t help him hear the gospel).  But, that fear caused me not to hear God and move freely with the Holy Spirit.  I repented and told the Lord I wouldn't be afraid.  I went on my way to buy some bolos (see definition below).  Suddenly, someone came from behind and got my attention.  The Lord had sent the man back!  (Oh, our wonderful Jesus!)  This time I chose to love him and there was no fear.  Long story short:  That same man ended up giving me his cigarettes (he let me search his pockets).  With his consent, I broke them up into small pieces.  Why did I ask for his consent?  I wanted his agreement so that his heart would be more open to repent and be delivered.  It was such a precious moment that I believe the Lord used to help this man's heart be open.  I pray for his complete deliverance.  The women selling bolos on the street were amazed at how the Lord had moved in the situation.

Help us pray that the Lord would bring a
mighty transformation in Atori's life (above)
(Bolos:  they can vary, but some are like small munchkin shaped fried dough balls, often greasy, that are in baskets on the side of the street where they usually collect dirt and whatever else lands on them.  Yes, we like them and eat them.) 

Prison Ministry – Special Prayer for Women
I was requested to pray for one woman, but two came.  I turned to the second woman and asked if she also needed prayer.  She was about to tell me what she needed prayer for, but I stopped her.  The Holy Spirit let me know that she needed to believe (and trust).  Instead, by the Spirit of the Lord, I began to tell her what she was about to tell me.  She nodded her head in agreement.

The first woman had a stomache ache.  The Lord revealed that it was, in part, due to her worries (stress).  She nodded in agreement.  But when I touched her to pray for her, I was suddenly aware that she had fear which led her to worry, which gave her constipation, which caused her stomach to hurt.  I told her that the root issue was that she was afraid.  She agreed and explained the fear that was causing the worry.  I prayed for her comfort and encouraged her to trust in the Lord.

Pray that we experience so much more of His presence.  Love,

Tyren and Tiffany Haynes