Friday, February 22, 2013

February: Photo Story


Here's a photo "story" of some things we've been up to during the month of February (including some photos of our new front door).  We didn't include Tiffany's herb garden, our growing grape vines and all of our flowers that are growing during this rainy season.




Celebrating Daddy's birthday party (I'm taking the photo).
We had homemade lasagna!
 
 
 
Valentines Day cookie that my wife made for me.  Of course,
the whole family, especially the kids, enjoyed it.
 
Walter, from California, is visiting our center.  I learned a lot
about pruning and its effects (John 15) as he pruned (hacked away)
at our precious fruit trees.  But this should make them more fruitful and even stronger.

The aftermath after the above apple tree was hacked down.  Oh, I mean pruned!
 
 
One of my friends and center's guards showing a side dish that he found.  These
little caterpillars have red eyes and hard spikes.  In about 2 - 3 weeks, they can grow from about 1 1/2 inches
and as thick as a pencil to at least 4 inches and as fat as your thumb!

Here's a closer look.  At about this size they can be eaten.  I wasn't around when
they were cooked.  But, I'm told that if you taste them, you'll want to eat more.
 
New wooden door on our house that I designed. The top 3 panels have glass.  (Here, everything is designed by hand
and made by hand).  Yes, that means I brought it to our house, trimmed it to size, drilled the holes
for hinges and the doorknob, and installed it myself.  (Thank you Jesus!). The glass was cut out by hand at the store, then I brought them home and installed them with caulking and nails. We still have to varnish the door.

This is the "gate of righteousness" on our house called the House of God's Pleasure.  The flower design
(symbol of delight) is from the orignal door that was wrecked last year when our house was broken into.
We also had to design this (including all measurements), buy the material, and take it to the welder to make.
(Sometimes I had to sit with the welder for long lengths of time just to make sure that my work was done before everyone else's who might arrive well after me.)
 
Blessings and love,
 
Tyren and Tiffany Haynes