Monday, February 11, 2013

Greater Works



Wild flowering bush in our front yard 
We are being drawn into that secret place, that low place, where giving God our undivided attention and hearts becomes daily practice and necessity.  It is in this place where His presence consumes us and we rely more on Him.  This year, as we move deeper into relationship, love and being over-thrilled with what God has for us, we believe God for greater works.  We long to see the Lord have His way through our lives in deeds and not just in words.  His heart is so much greater, and we want to demonstrate this to people.  Pray with us and for us as we long to see the greater works of God revealed in love and power to a people in need of the living Savior, Jesus Christ.

Let us give you a quick testimony, and review some things we are involved in this year so far.

Faith in the Market – To Pray or Not to Pray
I asked the Lord how I should pray for a woman in the market.   I really wanted her to get healed.  Why?  Well, here’s the background.  A muslim man followed me as I went to buy bananas.  I was about to leave the stand, but the woman selling bananas was obviously not feeling well.  God did not tell me to pray for her.  But I didn’t feel right just leaving her.  For a moment, fear rose in my heart.  If I pray for this woman and she doesn’t get healed, this muslim man will mock me.  I rejected the fear and chose to pray anyway.  Immediately, the muslim man began to laugh at me.  While I prayed, he left, still laughing.  Nothing happened to the woman then; but I believed.   A few days later, I went back to the market and the woman was completely healed.   Prior to praying for her, she had experienced pain all over and also couldn’t eat well for a few weeks.   So, I went and found that muslim man and brought him to the woman, so that she could testify to him (the Lord told me to do it).  That man was so amazed, he was speechless and just shook his head.  Pray that the Lord gives me grace to share with this man, so that he’ll understand the great love Jesus has for him.

Watchmen Who Watch the Lord
This year I’ll be ministering and pouring love into our day and night guards.  They are all Christian.  Rather than just guard, do general labor and go home, our center is aiming to have these men be part of our family of laid-down lovers; worshippers who host God's presence as they serve as unto the Lord (Colossians 3:17,23).  Join us and pray that our workers would see our center as being a fruitful and joyful part of their spiritual growth in the Lord.

Assumane Village Ministries, prison ministry, and the hospital ministry are continuing well.  They are now led, or are in the process of being led, by other people.   Compassion to the poor/needy, personal discipleships, and missionary oversight and training ministry (to new full-time missionaries at our base) are also continuing this year.

This year we see the Lord increasing our ability to release people into the harvest and help them launch out into the things the Lord has for them.   It’s exciting to see people carrying on the work that we’ve started during the past several years.  We believe it’s the firstfruits of a great harvest that is yet to come through many Mozambicans that are being transformed and are serving God through the great help of your prayers, donations and support. Thank you so much for partnering with us!!!

Please pray that the Lord will allow us to be used to extreme measures of His glory, that a people may be prepared for His presence and be released into their divine destinies.  Please pray that the Lord will grace us to truly dream the dreams He has dreamt for Lichinga, Mozambique and beyond.

His fire is increasing.  We must continue decreasing.  Love,


Tyren and Tiffany Haynes