Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pure Love 3 - More of the Presence

In God's love, any time, situation, or place can become the ideal moment for people to encounter Christ Jesus.  Here's a testimony that happened this summer.  One day a warehouse manager had an employee give me a bag of cement that I discovered was ripped open.  When I refused it, he told me that if I didn’t want it, I’d have to carry it back to the warehouse myself and choose another one (but, only employees are authorized to enter the warehouse).  I wanted to open my mouth, but Jesus met with me in that moment.  I yielded to the Lord, and let go of any rights I supposedly had to contend for better treatment and service.  Immediately, I saw the presence of God fall upon the man.  In an instant, his whole demeanor changed.  He spoke kindly to me, and had another sack brought to me.  He even told the employee to make sure I approved of the new sack.

Afterwards, the Lord explained to me what had happened.  By forgiving the man and yielding to the will of God, I had opened the way, who is Jesus (John 14:6), to encounter the man.  Instead of being locked into darkness by "unChrist-like" behavior from a Christian, the man was given a moment of freedom to behave how Jesus made him to be.  The Lord told me that since his heart wasn’t hardened through this ordeal, it would remain more open to the Lord.

Years ago, the Lord told me that the answer for Lichinga was more of His presence.   Lately, we’ve been seeing the importance of seeking what God Himself has made the priority for Lichinga – His presence.  Presence is everything.  We pray, Lord, help us to live for your presence!  You are all our city needs.

Love,  Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

No comments: