Sunday, October 11, 2015

Pure Love


The Lord continues to invite us into the simplicity of His love which includes loving our neighbors as ourselves.  As we love people, we are also learning to enjoy valuing people – even when they seem contrary to the gospel (Matthew 5:43-48).

A man of another faith frequently comes to me and asks me to buy eggs from him when I am at the market.  Often, he doesn’t greet me.  Instead, I am met with a pushy demeanor, selfish remarks, and unpleasant behavior.  I asked the Lord to help me love him, my neighbor.  I chose to think good thoughts about him from that time forward.  Then, I began to see what God sees – a completely different person than the one that was in front of me.  The Holy Spirit also shared some of the secrets of this young man’s heart with me.   One day at the market, I began to prophesy to him about his life, who he is really is, and explained why he had a strong desire for some worldly things.  He listened intently, and thought for a little.  Then, he asked me for a Bible so he could read more about the Lord.  I am planning to highlight some scriptures in the Bible to encourage him in his life, and in learning about the salvation of Jesus Christ.

Pray that this young man’s heart might open fully to the good news of Jesus Christ.  Pray that we may continue experiencing the presence and power of God as we simply love people with the Father’s heart.

Love,  Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

No comments: