Friday, October 10, 2014

Greater Still Conference - Final Update and Photos




Pastor Tanueque and his wife.  Tyren in center.

In each district we traveled to, I was touched by people’s simplicity of devotion to Christ.  Some things are so much different than what I grew up experiencing in the U.S.  Let me give you some examples.  At the conference locations men, women, children and screaming babies all slept on the hard, cement and dirt church floors during the night.  Some had nothing much to cover themselves with.  There were no mosquito nets.  During the day it was hot.  There was no need to worry about showers during the 2 night stays in the districts – there weren’t any.  In one place, the toilet was literally grass under big trees (there were tiny, beautiful, purple flowers to stare at though).  There were no menus, no food choices, no fancy drinks.  People ate what they were served, and didn’t know what food they would have until served.  Some had to wait until others finished eating because there weren’t enough plates.  There was no air conditioning, sound systems, or cushioned chairs.  If there weren’t enough wood benches, people just sat in the dirt and listened to the word of God.  In little known places around the world like these, there are people who value the Word and who still believe Jesus is worth it all!  Jesus was glorified.  In this environment, the Lord satisfied their spiritual hunger by pouring out Himself.  The Holy Spirit testified with signs, healings, prophetic words, impartations and demonstrations of power. Testimonies continued to come forth.


A true sign:  After receiving a prophetic word about renewed strength
and new beginnings, Pastor Tanueque later was given a new motorbike.











A week before the conference was due to end, I felt the Lord telling me that my work would be done and I’d be able to go home early.  So, I asked Pastor Tanueque’s permission to go home earlier if my work was completed earlier than planned.  He said, “I’ll let you know.”   I believed God, and prepared to leave early.  Then, I just waited and waited.  Tuesday, Pastor Tanueque gave me the o.k.  Wednesday, I rushed to change my flight.  Thursday morning, I was on my way back to Lichinga to surprise Tiffany!  She had no idea I was coming 2 days early!  I called her once the plane landed in Lichinga.


Thank you so much for praying and believing.  It was a privilege to serve Iris Nampula and walk with them into the new things the Lord is opening to the churches. 

Love, Tyren
I spent a day teaching one of Pastor Tanueque's daughters to make some new things:  banana cake and cookies.
Iris Nampula's old truck that we used to travel around to the districts.
Inside one of the district churches.
Pastor Tanueque meeting with pastors and leaders in one of the districts.  Church building is in the background.

No comments: