Saturday, November 9, 2013

Watchmen Who Watch the Lord

We have amazing men, Christian men, who serve the Lord as watchmen at our center. The night watchmen, especially, help to make up the 24/7 worship lifestyle where people are living holy lives to host the presence of the Lord. They guard and do general work, but their motive is to be lovers of God who watch for (keep their eyes on) the presence of the Lord. I didn’t realize how much these men were being impacted by the presence of God until they recently shared some of their testimonies with me. Here are a few testimonies of how the presence of God is impacting these men as they serve at our center.

Watchmen (6:30 A.M.): making cards for our
beautiful wives.
Night Watchman:  (This occurred while on duty at our center.)  "Someone came to me in a dream and handed me a lot of money and said, 'This is to help your family.  Don’t play around with it.'"  Several weeks later, this watchman actually received money to help put a roof, windows and doors on his house which he hasn’t been able to finish.  
Night Watchman:  "I was offered a job paying more money, but I turned it down.  Since I’ve been here, I’ve been growing spiritually.  The leaders at my church have noticed that I’m at a spiritual level higher than others at my church.  Even my son told me that since I’ve been serving here I’ve been different."

Day Watchman:  The Lord had me pouring teaching and demonstrations of love into one of our day watchmen.  He had an encounter in the Lord where his eyes were being cleansed, and he realized that living a life of love was the way the Lord was calling him to live.


Eating chocolate that was given as a prophetic sign of being
ready for new things the Lord is opening to us. (Chocolate is
a special treat which many people don't buy here.)
There are so many other experiences and encounters in the Lord that the watchmen continue to have.  When they come to serve during the day or night, they daily pray for one another and for this place.  More often, they greet one another with hugs-sometimes group hugs.  In the early watches, 5 to 6 a.m., some are walking around the center praying and worshiping the Lord.  I’ve purchased one Bible, so far, to provide them with more opportunities to read the word of God or minister to one another during their meal breaks.  Their testimonies greatly encourage me to continue to pursue, even more, the assignment the Lord has given me to minister to them.  One of them recently spoke about our center saying, “The Lord is in this place.”  

We value the Lord’s presence at our center and nothing that is of value gets done without Him.  Pray that all of us here at Iris Lichinga may host His presence and provide a place for people to encounter God in life changing ways.

Love, Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

No comments: