Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Open Doors In The Hockey Team

HARVESTING THE CITY OF LICHINGA - FLOORBALL (HOCKEY) TEAM
After many months of communicating with the Christian organization in Switzerland that started the floor hockey team (and many months of waiting), they were finally able to send new floorball equipment. The whole team and the coach were really excited. This past Saturday, I visited the team to tell them about how the equipment was truly a work of Jesus Christ (and it was!). Fiel couldn’t go to translate, so I had to express my heart and give glory to God by myself in Portuguese. I think the Lord did it like this because it would impact the team more if I was speaking myself. When I began to speak, I almost started crying because I saw the glory of God over the team. Then instantly, the Lord gave me a love for them that I never had before. (It’s impossible to bring in the hearts for His harvest, if we don’t have the Father’s heart for people). At the same time I was seeing the glory of God on the team, I began to have an understanding of what the team meant to the Lord. I began to share the prophetic words the Lord gave me to encourage the team (they didn’t know I was prophesying). The glory of God is awesome! Then, do you know what the Holy Spirit told me to do? He told me to pray and give honor to our Savior Jesus Christ for the equipment and the team. I explained some things to the team (mainly for the benefit of the Muslims), and then prayed to Jesus. After I was done, both Muslims and Christians clapped and thanked me for all the words I shared with them. I was amazed. They were all so happy. I know the Lord gave them a different heart for me, too. The team was started with both Christians and Muslims, without laying the foundation of Jesus Christ. I know the Lord is going to use the coach, Celio, to change that.

PREACHING IN CHULUGU VILLAGE
A couple of WYWAM missionaries and some of us here at Iris Lichinga went to show the Jesus Film to help prepare the way in a village the Lord has told them (WYWAM missionaries) to minister in. They first got the permission from the village Chief. Victor preached before the film and I preached afterwards. Quite honestly, I did try to opt out by suggesting other people, but it didn’t work. I had no idea what I would say, but knew the Holy Spirit is the one who could preach, so I was confident that all would go well. This was new territory, and we knew we were plowing new ground. While the film was playing, 600-800 people or more gathered together, including children (who always push their way to the front of the crowd). There are Christians and many Muslim people in this village. More than half walked away as soon as the film was over. Several people and many children gave their lives to the Lord. Then more came for healing. When we began praying for people, others in the crowd came as close as possible to see. I was on the truck, and I don’t know how the time of prayer went. One man was acting angry and crazy, and literally pushed his way through the crowd, grabbed a woman receiving prayer (this is not culturally accepted) and pulled her away so she couldn’t receive prayer. Someone else cut the cord to the projector, but praise God, that was after the film was over. This was the first time I experienced something like this, but we all could see the Lord working on the hearts of the people. Over the speaker system, we prayed for the woman that was pulled away (she wanted prayer because of a headache), forgave the man that was causing much disturbance, thanked the Chief for inviting us, and thanked the people who stayed to learn more about Jesus. We believe that many more people will receive Christ during the follow-up and continued ministry of the WYMAN missionaries.

We are so excited about being able to visit the U.S. next month. (Continue to pray with us that we would soon receive the rest of the finances to travel from Lichinga to Johannesburg.) Please pray that the Lord would open doors for us to share about Lichinga, and that His glory and kingdom would be released through our lives while we are there. Continue to pray for us that we’ll be impacted by the Father’s love, and that His kingdom will explode out of our lives.
We love you!
Bringing in the hearts for His harvest,
Tyren and Tiffany Haynes
Tyren’s phone: 011-258-827-413-545
Tiffany’s phone: 011-258-827-316-365
Email for Ministry only: heartsforharvest@yahoo.com
Blog: http://www.clgonline.net/blog/haynes


No comments: