Friday, November 13, 2015

Night Evangelism: Two Drunk Men



While we mere ministering on the street, two drunk young men came and interrupted us (myself and our visitor from Scotland).  One of them, especially, seemed to be laughing, taking the presence of God lightly.  But the Lord was intent on pouring out His goodness.  The Holy Spirit decided to “play”, too.   I felt the Holy Spirit “rise up” within me.  I felt like a “living puppet”.  Willingly choosing to yield to His will, I told the man, “Stand up.  The Lord wants to show you that this is real.  The wind of the Spirit is going to blow on you.”  The young man started falling backwards.  He exclaimed to his friend, “I feel this wind blowing inside of me.”  Then, he started taking things seriously.  God’s fire fell on them.  Our visitor and I both began to pray.  The young man’s friend was willing to pray for salvation.  They both hung around until the end of the night, praising God and encouraging others to hear the word of God and receive prayer.

Honestly, I think I was more amazed than the drunk young man.  I pray that we may carry His heart, and be challenged in our own personal unbelief that keeps us from submitting to the grace of God that can touch people in the depths of their hearts.  More than anything, we long to know our God and experience Him (John 17:21-23, John 15:4-5).

Love,  Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

No comments: