Monday, October 8, 2012

Update from the Haynes Family



Our huge, single yellow rose bloomed last week
For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 4:15)

We thank God who was able to use our time in the “valley of the shadow of death” (Ps. 23:4) to cause thanksgiving from hearts across the nations. What occurred did not simply befall upon us, but the Lord in His mercy and grace, gave us the privilege of walking through the valley with Him (Philip. 1:29, Acts 20:24). We hear numerous testimonies of people being convicted and encouraged to pray more earnestly, devoting themselves to God and being more thankful through hearing the testimony that was brought forth in our valley. Our hearts also are thankful for the many of you who responded in love through prayer, donations and comfort. We thank God and praise Him for the wonders He is doing through His people.

Though we have faced the challenges of fear, anxiety and doubts, we have refused these things by choosing to worship God and put our faith in Him. In fact, we and our children are experiencing joy, faith and complete trust in the Lord. Our affections are set on Christ, His presence and laying down our lives daily, that we may be of greater use to the Lord for whatever He desires. If you were touched or changed in any way through the testimony of our last blog, we pray that you (as well as us) may continue in the holy flames kindled within our hearts. We’d like to end this blog with a few testimonies of some of the things the Lord has been doing in our midst the last few weeks.

Last Sunday evening, the presence of God came upon me, and my arm that was injured during the attack was suddenly healed. I regained my strength, and was able to twist my arm and lift objects without pain. I couldn't do any of this (nor did I have strength to lift lighter objects) during that same Sunday morning.

I have full mobility in my leg which was beaten with the iron rod. I can bend down now. I know these healings are due to prayer and faith in Christ.  Thank you for your prayers.  Hallelujah!

Last week, our son was sick and vomited during the night and the next day. I prayed but he still kept vomiting. The Holy Spirit reminded me that His presence is everything, and then moved me to worship. I obeyed  and worshipped out of love for Christ (not for healing for my son).  I did so until I felt a peace (like the Lord telling me to rest). I didn’t pray for my son again, but simply arose and ate my lunch (which I left on the table to seek the Lord for my son). Shortly afterwards, my son got up and started eating. He didn’t throw up again.

Our God is greater than what any of us can imagine.  Let us cast of limitations by seeking His face and continuing to lay down our lives for the dreams of His heart (e.g. Matt 6:10) to come to pass in Mozambique and in your lives as well.  Whatever the cost, our God is worthy of our love, obedience, and our lives. 

Love,  Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

The love of God makes one so fearless, that one fears (reverences) God