Thursday, October 18, 2012

Prayer Answered: Personal Meeting With Our Incarcerated Attacker



This past Tuesday, the Lord showed me favor.  I was granted permission to have a personal meeting with the one guy that was captured the night of the attack.  He is now incarcerated.  I had as much time as I wanted.  It was an answer to prayer.

On behalf of my family and our center, I confessed our love for him and how we have forgiven him and the others for destroying property, robbing many things and attempting to take my life and others.  It wasn't my job to try to transform him, but simply to declare the gospel, the love of Christ and our love; and how we were sorry that he was injured while trying to fight and flee with stolen goods.  I asked his name, and called him respectfully by his name.

Since that night in September, the Lord has been putting a deep love for him in my heart.  I told him that many people have been praying for him.  Actually, last week he came into our prison ministry group and started singing the worship songs!  This week, I asked him about it.  He confessed that he goes to church a lot.  But, it was obvious, like many others in prison who I meet with weekly, that he had turned away from the right way of Jesus Christ to seek after worldly pleasures.  He still needs to repent (turn to God), turn from his unwillingness to ask forgiveness for the crimes he committed, and make a firm, final, wholehearted decision to follow Jesus Christ.  Jesus loves this man, and I know that in His goodness, the Lord will convict him and attempt to lead him into true repentance.  I hope this man accepts the love of Christ.


In the end, I prayed for his injured arm, thanked him for being willing to sit me, and asked permission to give him a hug (that was on my heart).  We hugged one another.  I'm not sure what he thought, but I meant it!  Then, do you know what the Lord did?  He gave me words of wisdom that would help him to repent and grow in Christ.  I also received prophetic words concerning God's purpose for his life and how the Lord would use him in the future if he chooses to walk with the Lord.  It was amazing!  After he left, I almost cried because of the privilege of being used by God and witnessing the love of Christ for this sinner.  It's the same life saving love that Jesus still has for you and me.

Love,

Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  (John 3:16)

Link to the original story: "Faithfulness of God: Robbed and Attempted Murder"
Link to story about sentencing:  "Trial and Sentencing"