Saturday, July 7, 2012

UPDATE: TANZANIA 2012 - MAASAI LAND


TRIP DATES: JULY 24 – AUGUST 16



I will be holding a “bush conference” in the forest where the Maasai live, so things will be a lot different than conferences that we are used to in the U.S. This is what I can tell you based on an update I just received from Pastor Deus, Iris Ministries Director in Tanzania (who returned from Maasai Land):

We’ll go by bus 20 hours away from the city of Mwanza to get to the Maasai tribes in the forests. There’s no electricity, no accommodations (for guests), and cell phone coverage is limited. We’ll be with the Maasai in their own environment, wear our Maasai outfits, and sleep in tents in a forest. I had wanted to hold a small conference of 12-15 Maasai pastors. But, as I prayed, I kept thinking that 100 pastors would show up. I didn’t tell anyone what I believed the Lord had told me in prayer. This past Wednesday, I received an email from Iris Ministries Tanzania saying that I should expect 100 pastors and church leaders from various churches. God is up to something very special, and whatever He wants to do is fine with me. True ministry only happens when we do what God shows us He is doing. Let’s believe God! This is going to be a great adventure full of the Holy Spirit, love and mighty power.

Here’s the plan for the entire Tanzania trip: Hold a 2-3 day conference for 100+ pastors in Maasai land (some coming from far away) to teach, encourage and strengthen them. I was told that it would be very good if I provided food for them. I’ll teach during the morning, send teams for hut-to-hut evangelism in the afternoon, and invite the unsaved and sick to a big evangelism event the last afternoon. Then, if possible we’ll have a more personalized 2 day seminar with a few pastors who live around the forest area where we’ll be staying. Then, I’ll travel back to Mwanza, rest for a day, and hold the Iris Tanzania Leadership training.

If you would like to serve by giving financially, checks can be sent to: Church of the Living God, 199 Deming St., Manchester CT 06042. Please write ‘Haynes – Tanzania 2012’ in the memo. Church office phone number: (860) 648-0520. Or, you could donate online at: http://www.clgonline.net/Missions/Missionaries.aspx. 100% of your donation will go towards this trip.

Important: Please remember to send us a quick email with the amount you donate, so that we can set it aside for Tanzania 2012. If possible, please send your donations by July 25. Our email address is: heartsforharvest@yahoo.com

Thank you for praying and seeking the Lord’s heart for this trip. Your prayers will help prepare the way for greater ministry and deeper encounters with the Lord Jesus.  Your donations will help physically set the stage for a life changing event bearing lasting fruit.  It’s going to be a great adventure! I believe we’ll experience things in ministry that we never experienced before. Pray for waves of glory, grace, and unusual things!

In the abundance of love,
Tyren and Tiffany Haynes