Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Testimonies: The Past Few Weeks



Hospital Ministry: Victo and I have been ministering in the Lichinga hospital on Mondays for several months now. Victo recently prayed for a room of patients. Another person on the ministry team told us that when she visited the hospital the next day, the nurses told her they found that everyone in the room was healed. After examining them, they sent all the patients home. Hallelujah! We continue to experience patients surrendering their lives to Jesus. The Lord also gives us prophetic words to speak to the staff, who are believers, encouraging them to pursue the call of God for their lives. Join us in praying that the believers within the hospital staff will start demonstrating the love and healing power of the Jesus Christ while they are working.


In The Village: A few weeks ago Amerel came along with Victo, Peter (a new Mozambican missionary at our center), and I to evangelize in Asumani Village. Many children and a woman gave their lives to Jesus. While we were teaching on Jesus’ love for us, the woman gave Amerel a big papaya. Food is a precious gift here. The lady, filled with joy, said that her family loved Amerel and invited her to eat with them at any time. Shortly afterwards, we prayed for a boy who had a toothache. The first time we prayed he wasn’t healed. We prayed the 2nd time and then for the 3rd time, asking the Lord to show His mercy. We then just waited with our hands on the boy. Finally, I asked Victo to ask the boy if the pain was still there. His toothache was totally gone. I told Victo that I was surprised that the pain was gone. Amerel looked at me and said, “I wasn’t. I knew the Lord was going to heal him”.

Day of Ministry This Past Monday: For the city, I often pray, asking the Lord to help me not to miss the opportunities He has for me, even if it means I cancel my plans for grocery shopping and come home with nothing or very little. On this day, the plan was to evangelize then head across town to buy a desk for Isaiah to use in school. We went to the Sangala market and immediately the Holy Spirit told me to believe. I knew something was about to happen, and I had to trust in however it was about to happen. The market was full of people, but I saw one man that just caught my attention. So I knew I had to speak with him. I walked over to him and just started talking. The Lord gave a prophetic word for his life. I looked at the young lady next to him (she was also a believer), and immediately the Lord gave me a word and teaching for her life. Then, I looked at the lady next to the young girl and began speaking to her. After Victo ministered to this muslim woman, she also gave her life to the Lord. It was getting late and I was about to leave to go look for a desk. As I turned around I stared into the faces of 3 beautiful children. These muslim children also surrendered their lives to the Savior, to worship and live only for Him. Then, a man came to us and asked us to pray for someone. He brought us to a woman who then led us on a walk to her house. They were all muslims. The woman’s mother had gone to a funeral and came back acting crazy as though she was possessed. First, a young girl in the family gave her life to Jesus. Then, the woman surrendered her life to Jesus also. We prayed for the woman’s mother. The love of God flowed upon her mother while we were at their house. Friday, we are going back to her house to check on the condition of the mother and share more about the salvation of Jesus Christ. We are believing the mother’s mind will be restored, and we’ll be able to preach the good news of Jesus Christ to her also. Well, by now several hours had passed. I never got to go search for that desk, but we knew the will of God had been done.

Our God is great, and greatly to be praised! We thank Him for the privilege of allowing us to lose our lives and find them only in Him. Pray for us, that we learn how to trust Him more, and carry His glory. Join us in praying for more muslims to experience the love and salvation of Jesus Christ.

Because of His great love for us,

Tyren and Tiffany Haynes
Heartsforharvest@yahoo.com
http://heartsforharvest.blogspot.com

Phone numbers:
Tyren +258827413545
Tiffany +258827316365 (we are 6 hours ahead of EST. Example: 9 A.M. in N.Y. is 3 P.M. here)

Photos: All 3 of our kids, Amerel in Asumani, Home school started for 2009.