Tuesday, March 24, 2015

WAKE UP AND DREAM 2 – Presence and Dancing on the Streets




Part of waking up and dreaming involves entering into the reality of who God calls you to be for Himself.  Then, we can truly worship and be intimate with our God.  (It’s hard to be intimate with Jesus if we are being someone He doesn’t see us to be.)  For me, being real involves dancing in my house just for my heavenly Daddy’s pleasure of seeing His kid how He created me to be.  But, the Lord had other plans one day on the street.

As I share this testimony, first it’s important to understand how Mr. Atori acts many times.  He is very special and precious; nonetheless, he doesn’t speak clear Portuguese (so we can’t talk and understand one another), he speaks incoherently, he shouts as he walks in the middle of the street (not caring about cars), he acts crazy, he can be extremely violent, he has outbursts of anger, he wears no shoes and dresses in rags.  People simply say, "There’s a crazy man.I was told that if you touch him, he’ll hit you.  However, Jesus knows who Atori really is.  Jesus loves Atori and doesn’t treat him as his sins deserve.  I’ve decided to follow Jesus!

“Hey!” yelled Atori sitting under a tree which could also serve as the public urinal.  I changed my plan to go into a store, and instead went to “talk” to Atori.  After a minute or so, Atori had enough of my presence, I guess, and started acting angry and speaking incomprehensibly, yet again.  To make things worse, I prayed, but I couldn’t discern how the Holy Spirit was moving.  But I also noticed that Atori wasn’t as loud as he normally is.  Then, the Holy Spirit told me to dance.  Dance?  In front of the main market, on the crowded main street, in front of everybody?  I danced.  Atori seemed even more annoyed.  Then, the Lord had me sing and dance.  I didn’t understand how this would help the situation.  Also, I don’t have a public singing voice.  Suddenly, I found myself forgetting all about trying to talk to Atori.  For a moment, right on the street, I was lost in the Lord’s presence ministering to Jesus in dance.  I was dancing prophetically, singing and waving my hands, passing my arms over Atori like wind.  The atmosphere changed and I felt like He, the Lord, was by me and at the same time I could feel Him moving within me.  Suddenly, Atori stopped being angry and was quiet.  Then the most beautiful thing happened.  He started repeating the words I was singing in Portuguese!  Then he stood up, held my arm, and started walking me down the middle of the street.  My singing turned to abandoned worship.  I held on to Atori as the presence of God rained upon us.  I probably looked crazy, even drunk, but I didn’t care.  I was thrilled to be able to give God my all.  I felt the Holy Spirit tell me, “When you reach that place, you will be done.”  Surely enough, when we reached the exact spot the Holy Spirit had shown me, Atori suddenly let me go and walked off as though nothing had happened.

Be yourself just for God.  He can do things with what you have that you never dreamed of using for your family, business, job, church, or your fellow neighbor!  Wake up and become lost in the Father’s heart for your life.  He longs to take pleasure in you – the real you!  So, wake up and dream!!  This means you must start entering into the reality of the life the Father has for someone special like you!!!

Love, Tyren and Tiffany

No comments: