Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pursuing Love - Part 1


Pursuing love requires that one knows what love is...

 
These two little boys were hungry.  So they tried to pick up dried minnows that had fallen onto the dirty ground from the fish stand.  The man at the fish stand made them drop the minnows because they belonged to him.  The kids walked away quickly and I thought, "Oh well.  I do have to hurry up and get back to the base (center)."  But, inside I knew that these were two I needed to "stop" for.  I caught up to them, and told them to follow me (a stranger).  They followed without hesitation.  I bought some fried dough balls for them.  They didn't even say thank you.  But, this wasn't done for a thank you.  It was about giving them what the Lord gave to me for them - love.

 
 
Milcas insisted on seeing the photo I took of him.  Then, I realized why.  Surely enough, when I asked him, he told me that he hadn't seen what he looked like in a long time.  I showed him the photo on my phone.  Milcas just laughed.  Imagine not looking in the mirror or seeing what you looked like for days or even weeks.

 
I don't have to chase after this man any more.  I still don't know his name.  The Holy Spirit touches him though.  Jesus loves him and he knows it.  May God heal his wounds, heart and mind, and restore his life from (what I've been told) smoking local drugs.

Treasure hidden in the open is sometimes the hardest to spot.  These are photos of treasure.  They are right in front of our eyes...on the sidelines, outside of the normal shopping schedule, in the margins of the "have too much to do" schedule, and the "I don't want to be late schedule."  We know they are treasures because they are important to Jesus.  As we carry the Father's heart, they also become valuable in our own eyes.  People who are loved by Christ always have a high value.  Loving our neighbor just to love them with Christ's love (no hidden agenda) is what ministry is really about.  We "stop" for the One, God.  He gives us a heart for the treasures He longs for us to encounter.  We are seeing that as we truly serve others effectively, in the process a greater ministry is happening first - we are actually being loved by our Father.  We, too, are His treasures!

God's love is our timing,

Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

No comments: