Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Lord Continues To Do Great Things



City Ministry
Ministry in the Hospital and Prisons is going well. Weekly, other missionaries from our center have been joining Victo and I to visit patients in the hospital. We laugh and joke with the patients, play with the children and sing songs in the local Yao language. We also pray for them, and seek the Lord’s heart for His living word to share with them. This week, I asked Victo to lead the hospital ministry. He is full of love, and has a big heart for the hospital ministry.

The Lord’s presence and glory is always with us as we are meeting in the prison. Last week, after having communion with the guys, I asked them to show the same love that Jesus showed them. I brought cookies, and had them hand out cookies to all of the surrounding prisoners, friends and foes, (who are not part of the group of believers). Besides praying that things would remain calm (I think cookies must be on the most wanted list inside the prison), I was in awe as the presence of the Lord captured men’s hearts to hear about the life of love that Jesus wants us to live. God has something wonderful in store for the prison. Pray that the believers stay focused on Jesus, protection for their minds and hearts, breaking of habits, and that they would be consumed by God’s plan for their lives.

Assumane Village
Last Thursday, Victor and I had a wonderful time with the children in the grass church. The children loved the play parachute and beach balls. After, we briefly taught them how to carry the love of God.

Visiting Children’s Center in Maputo, Mozambique
From Oct. 29 – Nov. 6, Tyren will be at the Iris Children’s Center in the capital of Maputo. The Lord is sending me just to serve, however I’m needed there. Pray that the Lord fills me with His love and glory while I am there, and truly humbles me to serve Him. Then, on Nov. 7, I’ll meet my Mom at the airport. We’ve been praying that we’d be able to fly back to Lichinga on Nov. 8 instead of Nov. 9. Well, this past Tuesday, the airlines called me to say that they canceled the flight for Nov. 9, and now we were able to fly on Nov. 8. God only does wonderful things. Pray for God’s love, joy and protection over Tiffany and our children who will remain in Lichinga.


Always for love,


Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

For contact or donation information, please visit our blog at http://heartsforharvest.blogspot.com

Photos: playing with children in Assumane, the Nachazi wood in our house