Monday, April 20, 2009

A Desperate Woman Believes God

This testimony is about many people believing in God’s word and acting on it. We find ourselves in His merciful hands, being prepared to experience more of His love and His glory.

A week ago, Easter Morning, I taught a Sunday message concerning how there can be no more delay (holding back, compromising, not giving God everything) because God said that He is no longer delaying (waiting any longer). He is going to reveal His glory. If we delay in resolving to live for God with everything we have, we’ll miss the waves of glory that He is sending to Lichinga. That very morning before church, I heard someone moving around, more than once, right outside the side door of our house. If it wasn’t for that noise, I would have never looked outside door. A woman that only speaks Jao was sitting quite a distance away from our house. She was hardly noticeable, sitting on a big rock behind some tall grass. To this day, I believe an angel or the Lord made the noise by the house, because the woman wasn’t by our house. I left the house and walked down the road to meet the lady. She presented me with her 8 year old son, Assido, who had a small, twisted hand for 6 years (he would also fall down and have seizures). The Holy Spirit reminded me about the word I had to teach that morning - that there can be no more delay because He is going to reveal His glory. So, I trusted the Lord and believed that the Lord sent the boy to be healed. I learned later that this woman asked permission from her husband, a head muslim of a certain village, to bring their son to our center for prayer because she heard that people who come here for prayer get the peace of God. In the local language of Jao, peace can also mean well-being (in other words, people get what they need from God to resolve their problem). The woman went to the witchdoctor, but the witchcraft didn’t work. (When people go to the witchdoctor, pacts are actually made to appease evil spirits and charms are worn as well).

Because the woman could only speak Jao, I walked with her down the road to the center’s Bible school where Victor and Gazani live. Victor is the only one that speaks fluent Jao, and he would be able to talk with the lady and learn more about her story. I carried her son, praying for him as we went and worshipping the Lord in the few words I knew in Jao. When I reached the Bible School, I saw Gazani and told him that I had an Easter present for Him. I presented the boy to Him and said, “This is your gift from God. As you pray for the boy, the Lord will heal him. Happy Easter!” I was completely serious. I prayed with them for the boy before leaving. It was late and I had to go to pick up someone on my motorbike and bring him to church.

To make the story short I’ll skip to end. This woman attended church and gave her life to the Lord. The church prayed for her, and other missionaries and church members prayed for her in her home as well. She wanted to leave her son with us so we could pray for him, but we thought it wise to pray for him in her home. (In that way, everyone could see that it was the work of God and nothing else). The next day, Monday, the lady told us that her son tried to use his twisted hand 3 times. He hadn’t done that in years. Over the past week, the arm had begun to slowly straighten out and he continues to touch things with his hand. His seizures have also ended! This past Sunday, she came to church with her son who continues to improve physically.

The Lord showed me His justice and righteousness being revealed in the light of His glory. What the Lord did with the little boy is His justice. He is judging situations and doing what He considers to be right. Will not the Judge of the whole earth do right? (Genesis 18:25). We are eager to see what else the Lord has in store for the people of Lichinga. We don’t know what His waves of glory will bring, but we do know that whatever God will do will be good.

This is just the beginning of new beginnings for us and others. We all know that Jesus wants all of our lives. He loves us that much. It’s harvest time, and the Lord is working on our hearts. Let’s sow together (lay down our lives), that together we may reap what Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, has laid down His life to receive.

Love,
Tyren and Tiffany Haynes

No comments: