Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bring Forth The Gospel With Joy

When you have the joy of the Lord, “FUN” is a big part of evangelism. Friday, evangelism in Asumani was fun. We know Jesus wants us to walk in the joy He is bringing to the villages. Our team danced before the Lord in worship forgetting about where we were (we focused on who we were with –Jesus). Gazani preached while Victor translated into the local Jao language. At the end, we spent time just talking to people. Of course, I couldn’t speak Jao to the children, but the Holy Spirit helped me communicate His heart to them. Suddenly a strong desire to pray for the children burst forth in my heart. I hugged on them and prayed for them. I called over another missionary and just said, “pray, the Lord is moving.” Before I could say anything else, she began to pray the same thing that was in my heart, that the fire of God would overtake them. After praying, all I could do was worship in a song I learned in Jao which says “You are worthy Jesus, You gave me my life”. Again, the presence of the Lord was there captivating the children’s hearts, as some joined in worshipping the Lord. Suddenly I began shouting, “Hallelujah!”, and they all spontaneously praised God, shouting and lifting their hands with me.
Yesterday, Victor and I went to the city to spend time with Jesus and to see what He wanted to do. The fun continued in the city. For the first time that we entered the market, we saw a group of Christian ladies who sell produce lined up outside. Before we realized what was happening, we were encouraging them to evangelize in the power of the Spirit. We shouted Hallelujah and lifted our hands praising God right there in the central market. The Lord sparked something in them, and they kept thanking us for preaching to them. Then, Victor led two men to the Lord. It is great seeing Victor, my translator and preaching buddy, grow in his gifting. He sees people in the market, stops to tell them about Jesus and they get saved. At first, one of the men who had been hearing us preach at other times was trying to be very quiet as he gave his life to Jesus. “If you want Jesus you can’t be ashamed,” I told him, speaking loudly. “No, no,” he said, “I want Jesus.” “Good!” I shouted, “You just gave your life to Jesus! I love Jesus and I’m not afraid to let people know it right here in the market.” Right then, I just “broke out” shouting and praising God on the street at the side gate of the market. Shame and caring about what others think is a big issue and hindrance here. When people give their lives to Jesus, they have to be willing to stand for Him right there no matter who is around.
Christiana truly gave her life to Jesus several weeks ago. The Holy Spirit led me to ask her about the name of the church she was attending. Then we learned she was still going to the mosque! (Here if you ask people if they go to church, some muslims will actually call the mosque their church). We spent some time explaining some things to her. She firmly confessed her commitment to believe in and live for Jesus Christ. Christiana’s family is not saved and she admitted being concerned about their questioning her about no longer going to the mosque. Please pray that Christiana (see photo) will not be afraid to start going to a Christian church this Sunday, and that the Holy Spirit will protect her heart, and help her be a witness for Jesus Christ, the Son of God, to her entire family.
Pray with us that the people of Lichinga will see the power and truth of Jesus Christ, and that they will leave witchcraft behind to serve the only true and living God and Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
Love,
Tyren and Tiffany Haynes


No comments: