Friday, May 2, 2008

Changing Pace: A Week With The Children

Tiffany flew to Beira, Mozambique and was there from 4/22 – 4/29 to attend a woman’s conference at Peniel Worship Center (a church with whom the leader’s at our center are in relationship with). She had a wonderful time.

Amerel (7) and Isaiah (4) loved the time they had with daddy, especially because I had to take them on the motorbike everywhere I went. So, I didn’t get to check email and use the internet last week. Besides running errands for the house we are building, I had to lay everything down and just relax and spend time with them. The Lord protected us when the rear tire of the motorbike got a flat while riding to the hardware store one day. While the tube was being replaced, I took Amerel and Isaiah to the bakery for juice and “sweet bread”. During the week with my children, the Lord showed me that He had given me so much treasure that it had to be poured out into the lives of my children (the next generation). I’m so thankful for the wonderful worship, gifting and times of prayer I had with my children that I usually don’t experience because I’m out during the day. The Lord used this week where I had to change my focus and my pace, to break “good” habits and transition my heart to a whole new level of dependence on Him, resting in Him and hearing his voice.

Salvation in the City
While taking Amerel and Isaiah to a different bakery shop last week, we stopped to buy bread for a hungry little boy. I usually buy bread for the really poor adults and hungry children that are in the city. Usually the children are in the city waiting to carry bags so they can get a few cents. Because I was eager to get back home, I almost missed the opportunity to love on one child whose name was something like Jorje (I’m still getting used to Portuguese names). Right after I gave him bread, the Holy Spirit insisted that I tell him about Jesus (in Portuguese, of course). He said he attends a church but never received Jesus. Well, with much help from the Holy Spirit, I led my first person to Jesus (by myself-without an interpreter!) in Portuguese. Hallelujah!!!
Building The House for God’s Pleasure
For us, building a “house for God’s pleasure” is ministry. Our burdens are upon the Lord and there’s so much delight, peace and rest in the midst of all the work that’s involved. The joy of the Lord is our strength. In the beginning I told the workers that if they wanted to work, they’d have to do it as servants of the Lord ministering to His heart. If they only worked for money, it would show in their attitude and behavior, and I’d have to let them go. They truly love the Lord and choose to work unto the Lord. On 4/30, the foundation was completed (in 6 days) and on 5/2 we will start building the walls.

Pray With Us For Water
Please pray with us concerning our water situation. We are praying for a bore hole in order to always ample clean water. Currently there is one manually dug well in the center with cloudy white water that isn’t drinkable. The water is only used for building and washing. The only drinking water is where we’re temporarily staying (the well at the white house) which is about a 5 minute walk down the hill. Our first option is to wait until September/October to dig a well at the end of dry season when the water table is the lowest. But, the water would be of the same quality. We’d love to have a bore hole (40 – 50 meters deep which is the standard for all of the town of Lichinga). This would always provide clean drinking water even in the dry season. The cost is about ~$4000 U.S. which includes a pump and water tank which we’d use to supply water for our house.
Thank you for your prayers. Please continue to pray for us as we build our house, and continue to harvest hearts in the villages and the city for the glory of God.

No comments: